This is an 11 month contract with a very strong view to extension.
NB – Candidate must be either fully qualified electricians or maintenance fitters or toolmakers (must have a four year apprenticeship)
Responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting process devices, instrumentation, and controls in support of vaccine manufacturing. Ensure that objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with the Company’s requirements to ensure compliance, safety, and reliable supply to our customers.
• Provide effective technical support to Production in all aspects of machine and
equipment maintenance, installation, and modification; perform detailed
maintenance, calibrations, PMs, and troubleshooting. Required to operate and clean
the process equipment as necessary.
• Maintain process and production equipment, ensuring ongoing preventative
maintenance, equipment troubleshooting and repairs to ensure continuous, reliable,
and repeatable operation of all equipment; drive Total Productive Maintenance.
Ensure effective management and equipment shutdown scheduling, ensuring
resources are available, thereby minimizing downtown.
• Support maintenance planning and preventative maintenance through completion
of planned and emergency work orders, calibrations, PMs etc. Document
maintenance work, including upgrades, made to existing equipment, including
preventative maintenance performed and parts used, to ensure appropriate
documentation and records of repair history.
• Operate and monitor production support equipment, using MES/DCS and PLC based
systems, to ensure optimum equipment uptime and target outputs, whilst
facilitating continuous process improvements using Lean Principles.
• Operate, troubleshoot, and repair complex systems which may include CIP,
Autoclaves, Glassware Washers, production vessels, HVAC, Isolators, compressed
gasses, plantsteam/condensate, bulk chemical distribution and wastewater
treatment under minimal supervision in a highly regulated, cGMP environment.
Interpret P&ID’s, equipment/system layouts, wiring diagrams, and specifications in
planning and performing maintenance and repairs.
• Support continuous improvement by leading and active participation in repairs,
upgrades, preventative maintenance and system failure investigations and
investigation reports, execution/development of change control, and contribution to
Kaizen events as appropriate. Perform root cause analysis of system failures,
substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve
machine and system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 why’s etc.; implement
subsequent corrective action through the change management system.
• Supply information and technical data for securing spare parts and equipment asset
entry into the CMMS; liaise directly with vendors on supply of parts, upgrades to
systems etc as necessary. Assist in general facility up keep and provides responsive
customer support with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
• Participate effectively in writing/revising/ rolling out accurate operational
procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various IPT systems;
ensure all work is carried out in line with same.
• Leadership activities including selection, development, coaching and day to day
management. Ensure that the team receives appropriate resources and programmes
to develop technical and other skills, to complete their jobs whilst stimulating
personal growth and development in line with role. Develop and maintain training
• Required to comply with the Company’s Policies, Procedures and Guidelines,
regulatory requirements and execute current good manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
in the performance of day-to-day activities and all applicable job functions.
• Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture in the site.
• May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
• Leaving Certificate or equivalent required.
• Time serviced Apprenticeship or equivalent Certificate/Diploma in an Engineering or
related discipline is required.
• Would typically have prior related work experience, ideally in a manufacturing,
preferably GMP setting.
• Troubleshooting and maintaining process instrumentation and equipment.
• Understanding of mechanical/electrical/Instrumentation / pneumatic processes.
• Sterile filling processes.
• Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European, and International
Codes, Standards and Practices.
• Report, standards, policy writing skills required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job-related computer applications required
• Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired
This role is on a 12 month contract with a view to extension. Purpose The position reports to the Laboratory...Apply For This Job
This is an 11 month contract with a view to extension Purpose Reporting to the API Reliability & Systems Lead,...Apply For This Job